Beer Can Chicken
- 3 pounds whole fresh chicken
- Half acan of beer or 6 oz chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Herb Supreme
- 2 tbsp Smoky Savage
- Mix Herb Supreme and Smoky Savage in abowl. Coat chicken with olive oil, sprinkle the dry rub generously over theentire surface of the chicken.
- Open the beer, pour out half..Carefully invert the cavity of thechicken over the can and then place it in a shallow baking dish or metal pan.
- Preheat gas grill to 450 degrees.Close the cover and watch the temperature gauge for a few minutes. Regulate the temperature to around 450 degrees but no lower than 425.
- Insert chicken and cook for one hour until the skin is crispy and the chicken registers 180 degrees on a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the breast or thigh.
- Remove from the BBQ and let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving.